To strengthen and support our Health & Social Infrastructure Team, we are looking for a civil engineer or architect (f/m/d) with international experience as project manager in building construction projects at the earliest opportunity, with an affinity to working in Germany as well as abroad.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Germany / Cologne||Immediately||Permanent position||Until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
We are looking for a civil engineer or architect (f/m/d) with international experience as project manager in building construction projects at the earliest opportunity, with an affinity to working in Germany as well as abroad.
As Project Manager you coordinate building construction projects within the framework of international development and financial cooperation and also support the project team with occasional short-term assignments on site.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Planning, acquisition and coordination of international infrastructure projects (social infrastructure like schools, hospitals etc.) combined with occasional trips abroad.
- Project management
- Contract and financial management within the projects
- Communication and Coordination with clients (KfW, GIZ, World Bank etc.), associated partners and experts
- Resource planning and control of international and local specialists
- Financial project planning and monitoring in coordination with the project controlling
- Schedule control and support in project reporting.
Acquisition of projects:
- Networking with clients, partners and pursuit of project approaches
- Preparation of Expression of Interests and Offers including coordination and writing of technical and calculation of financial offers, staff search and evaluation, negotiation and coordination with potential association partners/companies.
Your Expertise / Profile
- Recognised university degree in (Civil) Engineering or Architecture;
- International experience in planning and project management of building construction projects and/or other infrastructure projects in different topological, climatic and socio-cultural contexts;
- Knowledge of international construction standards and guidelines such as FIDIC;
- Advantage: Knowledge of procurement guidelines and standard bidding documents of World Bank, ADB and / or KfW;
- Very good written and spoken English; French or German language skills are an advantage;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- A high level of intercultural competence and interest in developing countries;
- Ability to work in a team, good and quick comprehension and communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS-Office and preferably CAD-software.
Your perspectives in this position
- Challenging and diversified tasks in an international working environment;
- Working in a qualified and dynamic team of both young and experienced members;
- Open, modern and global corporate culture, flat hierarchies;
- Position with high flexibility;
- Remuneration package within the German social system for permanent employees;
- Good public transport connections as well as free parking.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: PMBC-GITEC-2019/07
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!