GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer Roads/Transport (f/m/d) for its headquarters in Cologne/Germany to support its international development projects.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Germany / Cologne||As soon as possible||Permanent||until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. GITEC-IGIP’s multi-cultural team and global network of companies and offices around the world has more than five decades of professional experience across four continents. Our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects in international development aid. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web site www.gitec-consult.com.
Your Main Duties in this Position
As a project manager/technical backstopper, you will be responsible for:
- Contact with clients (ministries / development banks etc.) and partners and coordination of project approaches at an early stage;
- Participation in the preparation of pre-qualifications / expressions of interest and independent follow-up, including liaison with potential national partner companies and potential candidates for international and national assignments;
- Responsibility for the preparation, processing and / or coordination of technical and financial proposals with partner companies and internal service departments, including staff organization.
- Technical and financial project management;
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of project activities within the project team;
- Proactive coordination of project progress and milestones with clients and project partners;
- Quality assurance and control at the HQ in Cologne and, if required, on site (technical backstopping and control missions);
- Control of schedules (assistance in meeting deadlines) during reporting and editing of reports;
- Monitoring of compliance with invoicing deadlines;
- Follow-up of invoices issued in coordination with the project controllers;
- Preparation of project agenda and new contracts.
Your Educational Background
- B.Sc. (or higher) in civil engineering and advanced experience in project management / team leading / design and construction supervision / studies and implementation projects / FIDIC (and/or PRAG) type of contracts.
- ESHS experience would be desirable.
Your Expertise / Profile
- Proven track record in the road & transport sector with at least 10 years of professional international experience;
- Experience in technical and financial management of international development projects;
- Familiar with international donors (e.g. KfW, World Bank, EU) and the full project cycle from identification to implementation, completion and evaluation;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Very good command of the German and/or English language; French would be an additional asset;
- Willingness to work on a permanent basis in Cologne/Germany, with occasional missions/short assignments abroad.
- Interesting and challenging position in an international working environment;
- Open, modern and multi-cultural team;
- Position with high flexibility and development possibilities;
- Remuneration package with 13 monthly salaries per year as well as extra remuneration for international assignments;
- Flexible working hours (option of working from home).
If you are interested
We look forward to receiving your informative application documents – motivation letter with information on earliest start / notice period and gross salary expectations, up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of professional degree(s) and work certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoting the Job ref. no.: HSI-CE.R&T/2022-10
Please note that we can only consider applicants with a valid residence and work permit for Germany / European Union (at least Blue Card EU)!