For on-going projects as well as for up-coming tenders, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Construction Supervisor / Resident Engineer (f/m/d) with specialisation in Waste Water Treatment Plants.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Middle East / (Eur- / Central- / South East-) Asia / various cities||Planned for 2019||Depending on project requirements||On-going search / until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The Project Environment
Construction supervision on waste water treatment plants (WWTP) in the Middle East (Jordan, Palestine etc.) and Asia (Armenia, Turkey, India etc.) on donor funded projects.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Carry out and provide all necessary activities / services needed to facilitate project progress
- Supervision of construction of large water treatment plants (WWTP)
- Contract management based on FIDIC conditions and other international procedures
- Pro-active coordination of input provided by project stakeholders
- Reporting to donor agencies (KfW, EU, ADB etc.), clients and partners
- Coordination of local and international multi-cultural teams
Your Educational Background
- Technical university degree in (Civil) Engineering with focus on waste water treament or equivalent
Your Expertise / Profile
- Minimum of 10 years sound work experience after graduation in related field with emphasis on construction supervision of water treatment plants (WWTP)
- At least 5 years professional experience in developing countries
- Experience in working with international partners and authorities
- Experience with donor (KfW, EU, ADB etc.) funded projects and corresponding conditions of contract, particularly FIDIC
- Fluency in spoken and written English; French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian or Arabic language skills would be a plus
- Ability to work in a remote location and in challenging environments
- Strong management, project planning and organisational skills
- Leadership and team-building competencies
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- MS Office literacy, professional application of subject related software
Duration of Assignments
The duration of assignments in this role vary between 6 months and 5 years over the entire project period; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: CSRE-GIT-01.2019
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!