For up-coming projects, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Team Leader (f/m/d) with specialisation in agricultural projects including water resource management.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|African Continent /||Planned for summer 2019||Long-term assignment||Until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Overall responsibility for the contract and first point of contact for donor
- Regular visits to site office (at least once a month)
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level
- Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the donor officer responsible for the commission
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating / adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
- Maintaining contact to other donors
Your Expertise / Profile
- University qualification related to Agriculture and / or Water Resource Management or another relevant field
- Business language skills in English
- 15 years of professional experience in the agriculture sector
- 10 years in the field of smallholder agriculture and irrigation
- 6 years of management / leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 5 years of experience in projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 6 years of experience in development cooperation projects
- Experience in financial management of substantial local subsidies
- Experience in procurement regulations (EU, KfW, GIZ)
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is scheduled to start by summer 2019.
The duration of your assignment in this role is set for the entire project period; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: TL-AFR-03.2019
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!