For an up-coming tender, GITEC-IGIP is looking for a long term Business Development Advisor (f/m/d) with specialization in advising companies in business development and in investment readiness and access to finance in the region of West Africa (Lot 2).
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|West Africa /||Planned for December 2020||2 years, 4 months||Latest by 30 Sep. 2020|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) programme is funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Commission (EU) and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in two regional hubs in East and West Africa. The programme aims to increase food production and income of smallholder farmers through a more sustainable use of water and energy in food production.
The objective of the project is to support Small and Medium Enterprises that provide innovative approaches for the development of water and energy solutions for agriculture. For this reason the project aims at organising innovation calls to Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) that provide innovative climate friendly, water and energy solutions and to support these SME in accessing appropriate financing options and framework conditions.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Design, prepare and manage capacity development measures for the innovators that participate in WE4F in West Africa (Lot 2)
- Advise and support on business models presented by innovators·
- Prepare and manage contracts with selected innovators form the calls·
- Support team leader and expert 4 in activities on business development of SMEs·
- Support team leader and expert 4 on technical support and advice on the energy - water - food nexusod nexus
Your Educational Background/ Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, management or related field
- French C1 and English B2
- Professional experience in business development of companies who offer innovative solutions for sustainable use of energy or water in agriculture in the region (5 years) West Africa·
- Experience in advising companies in business development in the region (5 years) and in investment readiness and access to finance in the region (5 years) West Africa·
- Well connected to networks of investors, SMEs and financial institutions
- Experience to work in one or more countries of the region (WestAfrica)
- Team skills
- Communication skills
- Sociocultural competence
- Efficient, partner and client-focused working methods
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is scheduled to start by December 2020 and will run for 2 years, 4 months.
The duration of your assignment in this role is set for the entire project period; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs. For orientation purposes, the expected assignment period is 396 expert days, out of which 366 expert days in home country, 30 on-site.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: WE4F-EXPERT5-WEST AFRICA-092020
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!