For an on-going tender, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Project Management Expert - Deputy Team Leader (f/m).
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|India / Shillong||Expected for early 2023||Intermittent Input||26.09.2022|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting company in the field of international development cooperation. For over five decades, GITEC-IGIP has been characterised by professional experience, activities on four continents, multi-cultural teams as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. Our companies mainyl implement publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web site www.gitec-consult.com.
The project, “Sustainable Land Management Meghalaya”, India is funded by KfW, aims to support Government of Meghalaya (GoM)’s effort to put agricultural sector on a sustainable trajectory - notably by enhancing productivity, facilitating employment opportunities, promoting natural and organic farming practices among rural households and by supporting sustainable value chains. With regard to the latter, one of GoM's strategic elements is the development of "Missions" for key commodities, such as Lakadong turmeric, ginger, jackfruit, mushroom, honey and muga silk. The promotion of agribusinesses and agricultural entrepreneurs in the sector is considered an important element in that context. The Programme (grant and loan component) particularly aims at reaching out to the marginal and small, preferably poor farmers in Meghalaya's eleven districts.
Your Educational Background
- At least a Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Management, or related subjects
Your Expertise / Profile
- More than 15 years of practical professional experience in rural sector
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a key expert for Projects with similar magnitude and complexity (rural livelihoods, value-chain development, community development, integrated rural development)
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preferably as team leader preferably of development cooperation projects (work done to be attached)
- Experience with international cooperation projects (work done to be attached)
- Working experience in various parts of India with focus on North-eastern part of the country (e.g. Meghalaya state)
- Negotiation and moderation skills with senior decision makers
- Computer skills (MS Office software)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is expected to start by early 2023.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: Proposal220017_DTL-India-21.09.2022
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!