For an up-coming project / on-going tender / a pre-qualification, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Team Leader / Resident Engineer (f/m) with specialisation in Construction Supervision of Motorways.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Lao PDR / Vientiane||Planned for December 2018||Long-term assignment||Latest by 20 July 2018 / until filled|
About the Company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The project “Village Forest Management Project” in Lao PDR, funded by KfW, aims for the improvement of forest ecosystems and the livelihood of the population in two districts of Xayabouri and Luang Prabang provinces, through the sustainable management of village forests.
The main components of the project will be:
- Community Forestry and Sustainable Forest Management
- Timber Processing
- Capacity Building
- Forest Policies
Overall Duties for the Project
- Overall and detailed planning of the project (i.e. operation plan) and project management including: land use planning, sustainable forest management models, training and extension
- Facilitating understanding of annual work plans and supporting preparation of quarterly detailed work plans
- Support to the Project-Executing Agency (PEA) in the planning, administration, technical steering and monitoring and supervision of financial management, as well as budget utilization of the project by monitoring disbursements and countersigning financial documents
- Support tendering goods and services required for the project including concluding of necessary contracts for studies, and additional consultancy services and support concluding implementation of the investment measures
- Overall Project monitoring and evaluation; preparing the technical design and implementation arrangements for community forest management monitoring system
- Interactive, coordinated cooperation with other projects and with GIZ
Your Expertise / Profile
- Post-graduate university degree in forestry / community forestry and timber processing, natural resource science or other relevant discipline
- Min. 15 years’ experience as Chief Technical Advisor / Team Leader in similar projects
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in development cooperation and donor-funded projects
- Experience in administration of financial cooperation projects (management procedures, financial administration, reporting etc.), i.e. KfW, GIZ, World Bank etc.
- Proven regional experience in South-East Asia / Lao PDR, preferably in the same sector
- Oral and written proficiency in English is considered mandatory
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: CTA-LAO-06-2018
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!