For an up-coming project, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Economist (f/m) with specialisation in disaster risk reduction and disaster risk management as well as regional experience in Central Asia.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Tajikistan / Dushanbe||Planned for 1st quarter 2019||3 person-months||Latest by 30 September 2018 / until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) provides support to the government of the Republic of Tajikistan for a long term and sustainable solution to effectively manage the expected increased severity and frequency of disasters caused by natural hazards in Tajikistan. The project will enhance the institutional capacity of ministries and line agencies for coping with natural hazards, such as earthquakes, landslides, mud flows, avalanches, floods and droughts to minimize the loss to human, property, and social and economic infrastructure. The project will carry out multi-hazard vulnerability and risk assessment across the country; prepare hazard maps; identify areas of high risk; prepare national, regional, and sector wise disaster risk management (DRM) plans; strengthen the Committee for Emergency Situations and Civil Defence (CESCD) and other ministries / agencies through provision of capacity building measures, trainings and equipment.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Analyse high and rising economic costs of disasters and climate change implication in the country by estimating the economic costs of disasters
- Give an analysis of the economic benefits of disaster risk reduction practices carried out by the formal and informal sectors in the country and to assess climate public expenditure
- Analyse and specify the costs of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation activities
- Review and summarize the sources of government climate change funding, private sector (including community and climate change expenditure through UN, NGOs and other bilateral and multilateral organizations in the 5-years business plan)
Your Expertise / Profile
- A postgraduate degree in economics, education policy or actuarial sciences or any other relevant discipline
- At least 8 years of professional experience in economics, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change expenditures
- Proven experience in analysing and estimating economic costs of disaster and climate change implications
- Minimum of one year professional experience in development cooperation and donor-funded projects
- Regional experience in Central Asia / Tajikistan would be highly advantageous
- Oral and written proficiency in English is considered mandatory
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is scheduled to start at the beginning of 2019 and will run for 30 months.
The exact assignment times for the Economist position are subject to the project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: ECON-TAJ-08.2018
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!