For an up-coming project / on-going tender / a pre-qualification, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced XXX (f/m) with specialisation in XXX.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Ethiopia / Afar region||on-going||Intermittent short-term position||Latest by 30 Sept. 2018 / until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The project funded by the KfW focuses on the semi-nomadic population (pastoralists) in the Afar region, a low-land region in the eastern part of Ethiopia threatened by recurring droughts due to extreme climatic conditions. It aims for strengthening the drought resilience of pastoral and agro-pastoral population in the lowlands of Ethiopia by improving access to natural resources such as water, land and pastures enabling their more intensified use.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Provide assistance and backstopping services to the national procurement officer
- Train the procurement officer (and possible other relevant persons) in relevant fields
- Develop operational guidelines for administrative project operation
- Contribute to the management of the disposition fund
- Finalise Terms of Reference and tender documents for the awarding of contracts for providing goods and services, and support organising and supervising the tender processes
- Make sure (through supervising the procurement officer) that all tender procedures are in line with KfW’s rules and regulations and with the more specific provisions made in the separate agreement concluded between MoANR and KfW
- Support financial programme management (management of special accounts, management of dispositions funds for SDR-1 and SDR-2, elaboration of withdrawal applications)
- Support the project accountant in financial management issues
- Support MoANR and KfW in audit and evaluation / review processes
Your Expertise / Profile
- Postgraduate qualification in an appropriate field such as business administration
- At least 7 years of practical work experience in procurement and financial management, gained in international organisations, public sector institutions and / or funding agencies
- Work experience with rules & regulations, standards and administrative procedures of German Financial Cooperation, particularly with regard to disbursement procedures according to disposition funds (general management, withdrawal applications, audits, etc.)
- Good knowledge of tender procedures
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
Intermittent short-term position on an ongoing project.
The exact assignment times are subject to agreement and project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: PRO-ETH-09.2018
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!