In the framework of the decentralization process, the Government of the Republic of Mali has set up a system of local authorities. During the last ten years, this system has influenced the political and administrative structure of the country.
The organization of the local authorities requires qualified personnel for the various local administrations of the country. Consequently, in order to strengthen the process of decentralization in Mali, the Government has decided to create in 2007 a National Training Centre for Local Authorities (CFCT), in charge of the training of local civil servants.
To carry out this project, the Development Bank “Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau – Entwicklungsbank” (KfW), as financial partner of the project and of the “Support Programme to Local Authorities”, has agreed to fund the new headquarters.
Located on a 12.590 m² plot of land provided by the State of Mali in the suburbs of Bamako, Buildings will reach a total area of 6.500 m² (brut) and will offer the following functions: classrooms/workshops, accommodation for participants, multipurpose hall, kitchen and annexes, administrative offices and outdoor areas. Indeed, beyond buildings intended to be used as training facilities, infrastructures and rooms will also provide offices for CFCT’s employees as well as visitor and accommodation facilities for participants and other people to be trained.
GITEC, as international consultant, directly assists client organizations in the finalization of the documents of basic preliminary design/detailed preliminary design, tendering process, contracts award and supervision of construction works for required buildings and infrastructure. Implementation of construction works is currently ongoing (08/2011).
GITEC will as well assist AGETIPE and ACART in coordination with the European Union for planning, procurement and installation of equipment, especially furniture.
Assistance to client organizations for the planning, implementation and finalization of the project:
- Preliminary surveys: Analysis of the pre-existing architectural design; preliminary improved design and determining of CFCT’s needs.
- Basic Preliminary Design: Final architectural design; site survey and Basic Preliminary Design Report.
- Detailed Preliminary Design and Detailed Estimate: Elaboration of architectural and engineering drawings; elaboration of quantities and specifications; check of costs; detailed estimate and Detailed Preliminary Design Report.
- Final Design: Preparation of detailed drawings; structural engineering/static calculations; detailed engineering of installations; drawings for the development of outdoor spaces; check of quantities/specifications; detailed estimate/estimate of detailed costs; preparation of the Tender Dossier and Final Design Report.
- Tendering: Management of the Tender Dossier; Bid Evaluation Report and propositions; negotiations and final contracts award.
- Implementation of construction works: Control of works progress and supervision of the works quality; control of construction costs and contracts administration; check and signature of payment certificates; preparation of as-built drawings; provisional works acceptance and documentation of detected snags.
- Equipment-furniture: Coordination for planning, procurement and installation.