For an ongoing project, GITEC-IGIP GmbH is looking for a Chief Resident Engineer with strong experience in water supply infrastructure construction supervision in Jordan or in the middle-east region.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Jordan / Irbid||Planned 1st Quarter 2024||Long-term assignment||ASAP|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting company for development and international cooperation projects. GITEC-IGIP’s multi-cultural team and global network of companies and offices around the world has more than five decades of professional experience across four continents. Our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects in international cooperation. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web site www.gitec-consult.com
IMPROVED ACCESS TO WATER, WATER DISTRIBUTION PERFORMANCE AND RELATED SEWERAGE DISPOSAL IN IRBID GOVERNORATE
The main objective of this KfW’s funded project is to develop the water supply infrastructure and capacities of the Yarmoouk Water Company( YWC) for the delivery of sustainable water services in the area of Irbid and Ar-Ramtha, where the Syrian refugees and host communities are facing growing deterioration of services from both quantitative and qualitative point of views. This includes restructuring, expanding and improving the performance of the water networks and access to water of vulnerable communities.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Supervision of Contractor’s activities (work schedule, designs, works, reports and other specifications)
- Monitoring of construction and implementation activities according to FIDIC contracts
- Coordination and liaison with all relevant stakeholders (client, contractor, consulting team, donor)
- Reporting as per client/donor requirements (submission of regular progress reports)
- Ensure Environmental, Social, Health, and Safety Management (ESHS) standards are applied by the contractor
- Effective complaint handling and follow-up
Your Expertise / Profile
- Master’s in civil engineering or similar engineering degree
- At least 15 years of general professional experience in construction supervision
- At least 10 years of experience in supervision of construction/implementation activities related to water supply infrastructure
- At least 5 years’ experience as project manager
- Experience in Water and Sanitary Engineering projects financed by International Finance Institutions such as (KfW, WB, AFD, EDF, EC ALA)
- Proven experience using FIDIC contracts or similar and thorough knowledge of procurement procedures and principles
- Experience in implementing and monitoring ESHS standards
- Experience in Jordan is an asset
- Experience in the middle-east region is a must
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The assignment is estimated to start by September 2023 with an planned duration of 24 months.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: CRE/WS-JOR-06/2023
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!