To strengthen and support our Finance and Controlling team, we are looking for a reliable and motivated Financial Accountant (f/m/d). If you are mtivated to work in an international, dynamic team on projects in the international development sector, then we look forward to receiving your application to join our team in Cologne, Germany.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Germany / Cologne||At the earliest opportunity||Long-term assignment||until filled|
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting company for development cooperation projects headquartered in Germany’s fourth-largest city Cologne. GITEC-IGIP’s multi-cultural team and global network of companies and offices around the world has more than five decades of professional experience across four continents. Our companies lead mainly publicly financed development projects.
Main Duties in this Position
- Taking over financial accounting including account assignment, booking, and verification of invoices;
- Handling of general ledger accounting;
- Account maintenance and reconciliation (including intercompany accounts);
- Posting of foreign cash accounts and banks;
- Processing of national and international payment transactions and electronic bank transfers;
- Preparation of turnover advances and tax returns.
Required expertise / profile
- Completed commercial vocational training, or similar professional education;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of accounting / financial accounting;
- Proficient with different accounting softwares. Experience with MS Business Central is an asset;
- Very good knowledge of MS Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel;
- Good knowledge of German and English is a must. Good profficiency of other languages like Spanish and French would be an asset;
- Proactive and service-oriented way of thinking and working;
- Ability to work in a team, with open-mindedness.
- Interesting and challenging position in an international working environment;
- The chance to work in open-minded, dynamic, and multi-cultural teams;
- Flexible working hours and option of Home-Office after successful induction ;
- Position with excellent (professional) development possibilities.
If you are interested
We look forward to receiving your application documents including a motivational statement with information on earliest start / notice period and gross salary expectations, up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of professional degree(s) and work certificates.
Please submit your application documents (in English or German) through the online application form on our website stating the Job ref. no.: FiBu-GIC-07_2023 or through the E-Mail: email@example.com
Please note that we can only consider applicants with a valid residence and work permit for Germany / European Union.